dinsdag 26 mei 2009

Mother’s Day always makes me feel empty

These are the words which Prince William spoke, on 12 March 2009, during a charity meeting for families and volunteer workers in London as a preparation for Mother’s Day on March 22. Prince William has become the patron of the Child Bereavement Charity. An organization which helps youngsters to cope with the death of love ones.
For the first time, since the death of his mother, Princess Diana, Prince William spoke publicly about his pain. He admitted that he had tried to blank out his emotions in order to deal with the loss of his mother. Ever since her death the word Mummy was no longer lively present only in memories.

Reaction:
As I read this article I became aware of the fact that he had never expressed himself before as he did in this article. Everyone has his or her own way of dealing with grieve. Although I am not as famous as he is I can relate to the emptiness in his heart. My mother died when I was nine years old. I never had the urge to do something on Mother’s Day. I even became angry when I had to make a present for Mother’s Day at school, knowing I had no one to give it to. In the end you have to deal with it in order to continue with your life, as the deceased person would have wanted you to do. I think it is a noble cause of him to help others who go through the same hurt he had.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royals/article2316398.ece

2 opmerkingen:

  1. As I read this article I had tears in my eyes. I think that Prince William is very much the same as his late mother, a very loving person. His words were very touching, they affected my deepest feelings and I felt overwhelmed by what he said. I do not know what it is to lose a mum, but my father passed away very unexpectedly seven years ago and I still feel it as a huge loss. A few days before father’s day or my father’s birthday I feel very sad and upset, I really do not feel up to doing much just staying in bed. Therefore I think that Prince William becoming the patron of the Child Bereavement Charity is great as most youngsters do not know how to deal with death of their beloved ones. Prince William may be able encouraging them to talk about this most difficult and distressing time. Sharing with them his anxieties and emotions.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I read this article and it was very touching. Just like many other people I also had tears in my eyes. My parents are still alive so I do not know how it is to lose someone you loved that much, but I can imagine the pain and emptiness, especially in these kind of days. That is why I think it is good that someone who knows how it feeld to lose someone helps onthers go through the same.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen